Thursday 11 June 2015

Further request to Justice Lowell Goddard that she resign as Chair of the Child Abuse Inquiry

Earlier today I wrote again to Justice Goddard asking her to resign as Chair of the Child Abuse Inquiry.

The text of my letter to Justice Goddard is here.
12th June 2015

Justice Lowell Goddard
Child Abuse Inquiry
[By email]

Dear Justice Goddard,

Further request that you resign as Chair of the Child Abuse Inquiry

I again write to ask you to resign as Chair of the Child Abuse Inquiry.

In my letter to you of 23rd February 2015 I asked you to withdraw/resign and set out the basis for my asking you to do so.

Ir remains my view that it is unlawful for you to be Chair of the Child Abuse Inquiry.

It is, further, my view that your wilfully continuing to hold an office to which you are not lawfully entitled may constitute the common law offence of Misconduct in Public Office.

In that context you will wish to see my letter of 12th May 2015 to Assistant Commissioner Helen King of the Metropolitan Police.

I ask you carefully to consider the matters I raise with you.

I am copying this letter to Ben Emmerson QC so that he may assist you in your consideration of this matter which raises fundamental questions about the integrity of the Child Abuse Inquiry.

Your sincerely




(Dr) Andrew Watt

Cc Ben Emmerson QC, Counsel to the Child Abuse Inquiry

Enc
Letter of 12th May 2015 to Assistant Commissioner Helen King

No comments:

Post a Comment