Saturday 6 June 2015

Is Lord (Brian) Hutton a paedophile?

Below is the text of a letter sent to the Child Abuse Inquiry today by email relating to long-standing allegations that Lord (Brian) Hutton is a paedophile.

Some months ago I had written to both the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry.

Each of the PSNI and the HIAI has indicated they will investigate.



6th June 2015

Child Abuse Inquiry
[By email]

Dear Sir/Madam,
Is Lord (Brian) Hutton a paedophile?
I am writing to ask that the Child Abuse Inquiry conduct an investigation of the retired Law Lord, Lord (Brian) Hutton.
The allegations of which I am aware are to the effect that Lord Hutton was a paedophile in Northern Ireland.
In that context I enclose copies of my letter of 5th November 2014 to Chief Constable Hamilton of the Police Service of Northern Ireland and my letter of the same date to Sir Anthony Hart of the Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry which explain the background, as I understand it.
You will see from those letters that the allegations of paedophilia relating to Lord Hutton trace back to a former senior BBC executive and were extant at least as far back as 2007.
As stated in my letters I considered it best that any attempt to trace the source of the allegations regarding Lord Hutton to their source should be carried out by PSNI and/or HIAI.
I received acknowledgements from both the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry.
Paedophile activities on the mainland?
The allegations which I reported to PSNI/HIAI relate to alleged paedophile activity by Lord Hutton in Northern Ireland.
Given that Lord Hutton was resident in Great Britain while a student at Oxford and, I assume,  for at least some of the time following his appointment as a Law Lord the possibility exists that he was active as a paedophile within the geographical scope of the Child Abuse Inquiry.
Suspected perversion of the course of justice
In addition, I am concerned that Lord Hutton’s (alleged) paedophilia may have contributed to grave and very possibly deliberate failures in the Hutton Inquiry.
I became aware of the allegations of paedophilia regarding Lord Hutton only shortly before I wrote in November 2014 to Chief Constable Hamilton and Sir Anthony Hart.
However, long before that I had reached the conclusion that Lord Hutton had perverted the course of justice with respect to the subject matter of the Hutton Inquiry, including concealment of the true facts relating to the suspicious death of Dr. David Kelly in July 2003.
See, for example, my blog post of 30th March 2011 here:
Today I would have a different emphasis regarding the evidence suggesting that Lord Hutton perverted the course of justice.
It remains my view that the Hutton Inquiry was not merely a whitewash but was also a fraud.
I believe that Lord Hutton perverted the course of justice in perpetrating that fraud on the British public.
Others party to perverting course of justice
I believe that other public officials were party to the perceived perversion of the course of justice with respect to the death of Dr. Kelly, both during the Hutton Inquiry and subsequently.
I will briefly list them here:
  1. Former Assistant Chief Constable Michael Page, who gave false evidence to the Hutton Inquiry about fingerprint evidence
  2. Chief officers of Thames Valley Police in 2010 – Sara Thornton (now Chair of the National Police Chiefs Council), Francis Habgood (now Chief Constable of Thames Valley Police) and Helen Ball (now a Deputy Assistant Commissioner with the Metropolitan Police Service).
  3. Dominic Grieve QC MP, former Attorney General
  4. Kevin McGinty, former legal adviser to the Attorney General (now Chief Inspector of the Crown Prosecution Service)
Given the uncertainty as to whether the Child Abuse Inquiry will wish to follow up Lord Hutton’s alleged paedophile activity into the area of suspected perversion of the course of justice I do not elaborate here on the perceived criminal misconduct by Dominic Grieve and others.
Police Investigation Required
I believe that a thorough Police investigation is required of the conduct of the individuals listed above, whether or not the perceived misconduct is or is not related to Lord Hutton’s (alleged) paedophilia.
Please advise whether or not the Police team supporting the Child Abuse Inquiry will or will not look at the perceived criminal misconduct of Mr. Grieve and the others listed above.
If the Police team do not wish to investigate these serious matters I anticipate I will make a separate report of suspected crime to the relevant Police forces.
Making a statement
I am willing to make a statement to the Police regarding the matters raised in this letter. I am willing to do so, given reasonable notice, at a Police station convenient to my home.
I have a considerable volume of documentation to support my suspicions regarding Mr. Grieve, Mr. McGinty and others which will take a little time to collate in preparation for any interview by the Police.
In this context I have no objection to your sharing my contact information with the Police team associated with the Child Abuse Inquiry.
Distribution
This letter is a public document.
I am placing a copy on my UK Child Abuse Inquiry blog here:
Actions requested of you
I ask that you promptly acknowledge receipt of this letter and provide me with an appropriate reference number.
I ask you to give careful consideration as to whether the Child Abuse Inquiry should investigate Lord Hutton with respect to possible child abuse in Great Britain.
You will, no doubt, wish to liaise with the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry with respect to their investigations into the allegations relating to Lord Hutton’s activities in Northern Ireland.
Please confirm that the Child Abuse Inquiry will do so.
I also ask that you make clear whether the Police team will investigate the perceived perversion of the course of justice by Lord Hutton as well as that by Dominic Grieve and others.
Yours sincerely


(Dr) Andrew Watt
Enc.
Letter of 5th November 2014 to Hart Inquiry
Letter of 5th November 2014 to PSNI
 


No comments:

Post a Comment